Monday, October 15, 2007

My new bike.

My years ago bike was a grab and go. I walked into Target, took the green one with the comfy seat, fat tires, six gears and rode off into the sunset for five happy years. It was a Huffy and it was stolen. I was ready for a better bike but I was devastated to loose that seat. My plan had been to move it to whatever new bike I bought. I wanted to upgrade to something better but between the lost seat and the selection now available I was immobilized. There was just too much to think about. So I stalled; for oh, I don't know, 3 or 4 years.

Why so long? Now I had biking friends to guide me and the knowledge base was overwhelming. Road bike? Mountain bike? Hybrid? What is a hybrid anyway? Fat tires? Thin tires? Hybrid tires? There's that word again. Gears? 6, 7, 18, 21, 24...OMG!

Well, here she is. JoAnn calls hers a Jessica Fletcher so I think this is like a Jessica on steroids.


It's a hybrid (yep, a hybrid...after all that) with an aluminum frame, front suspension and 24-speed Shimano/SRAM drivetrain which according to the salesman is 'smooth'. It also has the most important item of all, a suspension seatpost and plush saddle to keep me in the lap of luxury for miles and miles of comfort and fun. That's what the ad says. The lap of luxury. I'll let you know after a few miles.

No comments: