After dinner discussion last night I settled on the shorter non-scenic route as opposed the meandering through back woods route. It still takes nine and a half hours. Slow, monotonous driving until I hit that big mountain. Then I remember why I drive it. Even if it does include that damnable 7% grade downhill scary stretch. Then the snow appears. And the frozen waterfalls. All in all still a pretty dramatic drive.
The drive was made easier by books on tape or whatever it is they are now called. I picked the longest one I could find and I'm not even close to half way through so the drive home will continue with the saga of all the other participants.

One of Micheal's favorite meals awaited arrival - soup beans and cornbread. He says it is now to labeled Fusion Soup Beans because of the latest addition of Thai Curry Paste. Whatever it is labeled it is delish after cooking all day in the crockpot. There was also local homemade chow chow that while spicy also added a sweet flavor to the dish. The cornbread didn't go into the oven until I walked in the door so it was hot and crispy and perfect; especially dipped in beans and chow chow.
There are cats everywhere. Pandora is on high alert.
1 comment:
I love the comments about the cats. They are still everywhere.
Post a Comment